Nov 25, 2008

Blogging Games

So I've never done this before, but it's time to join the blogging fun. I've been given a blogging award by a friend, and been "tagged" by another. So... I thought I'd play along.

Jill over at Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls gave me this award. Very sweet of her -- sorry it took me forever and a day to acknowledge it! :)



The qualifications to receive the award are:
A. Display a cheerful attitude
B. Love one another
C. Make mistakes
D. Learn from others
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world
F. Love life
G. Love kids

That's quite nice of Jill to think I do all of that... :)

The Rules:
1. Must link it back to the creator
2. Post the rules
3. Choose 5 people to give it to
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above
5. Create a post to share this
6. You must thank the winner

I'm not going to try to choose 5... I'll just award it to one person. Let's see... who's the lucky girl. Hmmmm... I think The Finer Things by Sarah. That's a blog I greatly enjoy! She has cute kid stories.

-----------

Also, I was tagged by Ashley at Many Sparkling Gems!



So here are my 7 weird/random facts:

1) I can do weird things with my hands, like get out of handcuffs. I don't know this because I've ever been in handcuffs, mind you. I just know it. I can also twist my thumb around until it rests behind my index finger's knuckle... those sorts of weird hand distortions.

2) I'm not crazy about Chinese food. Never have been. Ironic that we moved to China, isn't it?

3) When I apply lotion to my feet, I must do it lying on my back with both of my feet pulled all the way to my chest so that I can cover both feet simultaneously. People say I look strange. I say I'm efficient.

4) If I hear a familiar song sung in another language, I can't for the life of me remember the lyrics in my own language until the foreign language singing stops. Case in point: yesterday one of the nannies asked me how to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb. She was singing it in Chinese, and I couldn't remember the English words.

5) If I get one hand wet, I must get the other hand wet. I can't stand the feeling of only one wet hand.

6) I can type freakishly fast. Faster than anyone I know. Many people who hear me typing comment on the speed of the keys clicking.

7) My nose is pierced. Maybe you've noticed in a picture before, but it is a fact that surprises many people, especially those who knew me in my seriously judgmental high school days. My sister-in-law and I did it at the same time, mostly because our husbands didn't think we had the nerve to pull it off.

And, I tag Jane, my sister-in-law/nose-piercing-partner-in-crime/mother-to-be. She has a great and funny blog, and I know she'll come up with clever little known facts.

PS: I'm only tagging one person for each because I'm too lazy to try and link everyone's blogs to this. Sorry... but one is better than none, right?!

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I can type fast too...in high school I was in UIL typing. No sports...just drillteam and typing. Strange combo huh? lol

I am surprised you don't like Chinese food because before you left Texas I remember you blogging about some really different things you guys liked to eat.

Carrie said...

Oh, I do love different ethnic foods... Greek, Moroccan, Ethiopian, Thai, Kurdish to name a few! Really there are very few I DON'T like. There are some Chinese dishes I like, but as a whole, it isn't my favorite. A lot of their key spices are things I don't really like -- like star anise. Good catch! You should win an award for alert blog reader!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails