Oct 15, 2008

Health Update

So, I was a little sicker than I let on in the earlier posts... Until today, I still wasn't sure whether or not I'd have to be hospitalized. My pneumonia is fairly serious, and it wasn't responding well to antibiotics. My White Blood Cell counts were really low, and the doctors were concerned. But, today they started perking up again. My chest xray today showed a modest improvement. So, I'm still getting IVs at home with the help of my friend Ellie, the foster home nurse. Our doctor friend in the USA looked at everything and told me he thought I was on the mend, and that as long as I don't get a fever or relapse, I should be fine. So, I feel much more confident today that I can get better without a hospitalization than I have in a while -- which makes me one happy girl. Please continue to pray for me. I still have a ways to go before I'm considered healthy. And, to top it off, I haven't left the house to speak of since this started 2 weeks ago, and I'm still stuck here! Going a bit stir crazy... you can pray for that, too. :)

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Carrie. I am so sorry that you are home bound and I am lifting you up in prayer for your health to be restored!!

jeanette said...

I'm praying Carrie!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am praying for you my friend.

Janet said...

Carrie,
You are certainly in our prayers and we hope you are all better real soon.
Thank you so much for having Jill stay with you and Jacob. She is very grateful for your hospitality and really enjoys your friendship. Her birthday is October 17th. I don't know if she will tell you. We celebrated before she left for China.
Do take care of yourself.
Jill's Mom, Janet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails