Jan 8, 2008

Knowing What it Means to be Loved

Wow... we have received such an outpouring of support and encouraging emails since my last post. What a blessing all of you are! You've been used by our Father to lift us up and set our feet along firm paths. In the last few days, there have been so many moments of encouragement. I want to list them out, both to share the reality of His presence in our lives, and also to remind myself in the future that this is what it means to be loved.

1) Letters, letters, letters... from family, friends, and people I don't even know well! All of which lifted us up and blew us away with the love and encouragement that they contained.
2) Jeff, one of the children at the foster home who is notoriously difficult and closed off, blowing kisses to me as I left today.
3) Julia, another one of the children at the foster home, running up to me today, wrapping her arms around me, and saying "Wo Ai Ni" -- I love you.
4) The foster home staff, who knew we'd been struggling, calling us in to the office to hold us up.
5) A new song I stumbled across that served as a reminder to me about why we came in the first place. (I'll post it in the next post.)
6) Reading some verses in a different light... bringing new light to our journey right now. Specifically Psalm 139:9-10. "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

I'll try to think of more... I know there are more instances. But, for now that is a good reminder that we are not forgotten, that we are deeply loved, and that we're right where we're supposed to be. We're not through the dark times yet, but feeling a little more certain about the journey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails