Oct 31, 2007

Weather

So, I added a feature to our blog. It is a weather banner that tells you the current temp in Beijing. This was mostly added to elicit your sympathy. :)

It gets dark at about 6pm here; tonight it was very windy in addition to being in the low 40s. Needless to say, it was a very long, dark, and cold walk home... and it takes about 20-25 minutes from the center of town.

Thankfully our apartment has a heater in the bedroom. It works pretty well, though the whole house doesn't really warm up from it. In Chinese apartments, the heat (radiators) isn't turned on until November 15, so we still have a couple of weeks of no real heat source other than our heater in the bedroom. Which, I just decided you should see a picture of... it is below. Thank goodness for this heater. It is what I was thinking of the entire walk home tonight. That and some hot milk tea. (If you are reading this Majaunta, I found it! And it is really good!)

For those of you who know me even moderately well, you know I don't do cold. Well, gang, I guess I'm going to be doing cold!! If I look on the bright side, I guess this means that someday when we have kids, I can legitimately command them to stop complaining about the little inconveniences in life because I really will have walked to work in the cold, windy weather; eventually in the snow. It isn't uphill both ways, though. Either way for that matter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I can sympathize with you as I do not do cold either, but will have to here as well, along with the rain and cold winds. The sun starts setting at about 4:30 here and it pitch dark at 6:00. We too have those lonely, dark, and cold nights to walk home in-what fun! Hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails