Jul 14, 2007

Brave

Shortly after our first trip to China, we were in the middle of wedding planning. (We returned from China on July 6 and got married on Aug. 6. It was hectic to say the least.) It was also a very emotional time as we tried to process all we had seen and make it fit into the same world where we were picking out flowers, cake, and a dress (which suddenly seemed incredibly trivial!) Anyway, during that time, the song "Brave" by Nichole Nordeman was being played all the time on Christian radio, and it really blessed me. I can remember one morning in particular... still had jet lag so I was awake at 4 in the morning. I also couldn't sleep because of the children's faces in my mind... I turned on the radio, and this song was playing. It was a powerful and defining moment...

Just a few minutes ago, I heard it on the radio, and I was immediately reminded of that time... God used this song to really make me believe I could be brave and serve Him in a way that utterly scared me at the time! I don't know all that God used to reassure Jacob, but this was a powerful thing for me... anyway, just thought I'd share a few lines that were(are) particularly important to me. You can read all the lyrics here.

The gate is wide
The road is paved in moderation
The crowd is kind and quick to pull you in
Welcome to the middle ground
You're safe and sound and
Until now it's where I've been'
Cause it's been fear that ties me down to everything
But it's been love, Your love, that cuts the strings

So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yep, coming home from China really puts things like clothing, food and flowers in perspective! I bet it was terribly hard to leave behind all those little faces but Oh! what glorious blessings God has bestowed on your lives by that trip and the one coming in the future! Just think of how many little lives you are going to touch! I am soooo excited for you!!

Alisha said...

I love this song too! I listen to that whole CD in my car, sing at the top of my lungs, praise, whorship , and cry. Also, our anniversary is August 6 too. This year will be 13 for us. I love following your blog and watching how God is preparing to use both you and your husband. God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

What powerful lyrics. I'm going to look on itunes to see if I can hear the music and download it and share it with others. Thanks for sharing it with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails